TECHNOLOGICAL INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ZONE “SKOPJE”
F O U N D E R :
GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA WITH THE DIRECTORATE FOR TECHNOLOGICAL INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ZONES
RULES ON THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ZONE “SKOPJE 1” - SKOPJE
On the basis of Article 34 paragraph 1 of the Law on the Technological Industrial Development Zones (Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia No. 14/2007), the Directorate for Technological Industrial Development Zones, on behalf of the Governmentof the Republic of Macedonia, as the Founder of the Technological Industrial Development Zone SKOPJE, on 23.04.2007, hereby adopts the following
RULES ON THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ZONE “SKOPJE 1” - SKOPJE
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
These Rules on the Conditions for Use of the Technological Industrial Development Zone SKOPJE 1 shall define the terms and conditions under which the space of the Technological Industrial Development Zone SKOPJE 1 is used for performing activities by the users as well as which activities shall be performed in the Zone, the internal order and measuresfor protection of environment and nature.
The users-leaseholders of the space of the Zone shall be bound to operate in accordance with these Rules and the legislation of the Republic of Macedonia.
II. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE SPACE IN THE ZONE
The users of the Technological Industrial Development Zone SKOPJE 1 shall use the facilities and the space in the Zone in accordance with the Urban Project for the Technological Industrial Development Zone SKOPJE 1 and the Urban Project (prepared by the user) for the building plot in accordance with the Contract for Long-term Lease of Construction Land.
1. FENCING AND USE OF INFRASTRUCTURAL SERVICES
1. The User, within its urban block, should make an internal fencing of the space of the Technological Industrial Development Zone for each separate space. Each constructed internal fence should be transparent and well kept by setting upsecurity according to the approval granted by the Founder.
2. Measuring the water flow spent by users is made with water meters installed, the setting up of which is an obligation at the expense of the User.
3. Measuring the spent electrical power by the users is made by electric meters which are installed by the User.
4. Measuring the spent gas by the users is made by installed measuring instrumentsMRS which is to be installed by the User.
5. The User should regularly pay the bills, upon receiving them, for the spent water,electrical power and gas, in accordance with the measuring instruments installed.
6. Before discharging the waste waters in the primary sewage system (collectors), the User of the Zone-consumer should provide treatment, clearing the waste waters inadequate water treatment plants that are to be built by the User. With the primarysewage system, the treated waste waters will then be discharged in the nearest recipient, according to the Urban Project.
2. MAINTAINING THE INFRASTRUCTURE
1. The User of the Zone shall be bound to pay the Lessor a monthly fee according to the Schedule of Fees for Performed Services for the Users adopted by the Founder which is an integral part of the Contract for Performing Services concluded between the Founder and User of the Zone, pursuant to Article 33 of the Law on Technological Industrial Development Zones and an integral part of the Rules of the Founder, pursuant to Article 34 of the Law on Technological Industrial Development Zones, for the purpose of:
-maintaining the public areas and the infrastructure within the public areas and within the boundaries of the Zone;
-maintaining the street lighting in the public areas of the Zone;
- securing the boundaries of the zone;
- 24-hour control of the main entrance of the Zone and providing working conditions for the customs and the tax authorities;
- other non-mentioned services of common interest for normal operation of the Zone.
2. The User of the Zone should pay the monthly fee for maintaining the infrastructure as of the day of starting the activity in the zone, according to the Contract for Performing an Activity.
3. CONSTRUCTION PROCEDURES
1. Phase Construction of the Space
After regulating the lease, the Leaseholder should get a licence to start construction before the basic completion of the infrastructure in the Technological Industrial Development Zone. The Leaseholder-user shall use the space under these Rules adopted by the Founder, under surveillance of the Project Manager assigned by the Founder, as well as under regulations for timely approach and supply with electricity, water, safety and security.The Leaseholder-user shall construct all the necessary temporary entries in the site space and in a manner approved by the Founder and after the completion of theinfrastructure in the Technological Industrial Development Zone, shall remove the mentioned entries in a way approved by and agreed with the Founder.
2. Recognition of the land in the space.For the purpose of constructing stabile and solid buildings and other facilities, on single or several floors, the Leaseholder is bound, at own cost, to hire a specialisedengineering company for recognition of the land and precise defining of theconditions in the land (including tests).
3. The Leaseholder-user and the contractor of construction works are bound to keep, maintain and protect the locations, land, roads, pavements, fences, parapets,cables and other things built in the Industrial Park (buildings, tarpaulins, bridges and other constructions) during the construction process in the rented real estate and to immediately fix the damaged item by its contractor or by themselves.
4. In order to guarantee the consistent realisation of obligations referred to in item 3 after the signing of the Contract for Lease of the Space, the Leaseholder i.e. its main contractor for construction works shall deposit funds or bank guarantee to theFounder, in order to be able to cover any possible damages as to the infrastructure, as well as the costs for the reparation. Depending on the size of the area of land on lease, in the following amount:
FOR NEW CONSTRUCTIONParcel – amount:
2,500m2 or less – MKD 300,000
2,500m2 to 5,000m2 – MKD 500,000
5,000m2 to 10,000m2 – MKD 600,000
10,000m2 and more – MKD 800,000
.FOR RECONSTRUCTION/BUILDING ON
Parcel – amount:
For all surfaces – MKD 300,000
a. The deposit shall be in force until the Founder of the Technological Industrial Development Zone and the competent state authority issue an approval foruse for the Lessor’s operations.
b. The Leaseholder and its main contractor should maintain the space in good condition during the whole period of construction, according to the followingrules:
a. the construction waste should regularly be disposed to landfills designated by the competent bodies for communal hygiene;
b. the paint and other dissoluble materials should be emptied and dried before their disposal to landfills designated;
c. The regular waste should be put to places designated for the same, but previously collected and separated for which an agreement should be made with the Founder and the public enterprise for communal hygiene;
d. For materials that can be recycled, such as wood and metal residues, the Leaseholder and its main contractor should hire competent recycling companies registered in the Republic of Macedonia;
e. All transport vehicles should be equipped with protective cover during the transport in order to avoid the possible dispersal of waste;
f. The Leaseholder and its main contractor shall be bound to provide the licence for use of the landfills from the public enterprise for communal hygiene by themselves,before starting to dispose the waste;
g. The Leaseholder and its main contractor shall be bound to provide proper warehousing of the total necessary construction material in adequate temporary premises, and for the rest, they should coordinate with the Founder in order to provide safety and security in the Technological Industrial Development Zone, pursuant to the special Rules for Safety and Security in the Technological Industrial Development Zone, adopted by the Founder..
h. The Leaseholder and its main contractor shall be responsible for securing the space in every aspect, both during working and non-working hours. Therefore, they should undertake all the necessary preventive measures for protection of materials,workers and visitors from injuries or death (the responsibility is entirely to the Leaseholder and its main contractor, and not to the Founder), to put flags, signals, lights (especially at night) and other markings, pursuant to the Rules for Securityduring Construction in the Technological Industrial Development Zone.All workers and visitors must be provided with security helmets and shoes to wear while close to the potential danger Zones and to places where construction is beingcarried out.
i. Employees are not allowed to live on the space or any place else in theTechnological Industrial Development Zone during the construction period.
1. The User of the Zone should locate the loading capacities within its own urban block.
2. All loading sites should be in accordance with the standards for construction of parking areas as well as to the Urban Plan.
5. CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS
The use of materials for construction, building on, reconstruction or extension of facilities as well as the finishing of the exterior should be made in accordance with the Law on Construction Products. The colour of the facilities shall be in control of the Founder and the facilities should also be in accordance with the fire fighting standards of the Republic of Macedonia.
1. ACTIVITIES THAT MAY BE PERFORMED IN THE ZONE>
1. Within the Zone, the following activities may be performed: manufacturing activities and services related to export, scientific and research activities,warehousing, banking and other financial activities, insurance and reinsurance ofpersons and property as well as other activities solely for the needs of Zoneoperations.The activities referred to in paragraph 1 shall be performed under the following conditions:
a) The business is to be in compliance with the feasibility study or business plan of the Founder of the Zone;
b) The origin and quality of the raw materials, semi-products and final products may be found and controlled;
c) The operations do not endanger the public security, the environment and health of the people in the Zone;
d) The User of the Zone is to provide protection for the basic means and the employees from of risks arising from the operation;
b2. Within the Technological Industrial Development Zone, the User may also perform the following:
a) Warehousing of goods for own needs;
b) Wholesale trade for other users of the Zone.
2. ACTIVITIES THAT MUST NOT BE PERFORMED IN THE ZONE
Within the Technological Industrial Development Zone SKOPJE 1 - Skopje, activities related to the following must not be performed:
1. Trade of decomposed goods, rotten goods, goods out of date or infected, waste polluting the environment or not suitable for human or animal use;
2. Radioactive materials, except those needed for industrial, medicinal, scientific and research purposes, approved by the competent bodies in the Republic of Macedonia;
3. Drugs, chemical and biological substances, chemical and biochemical derivatives, except those used for industrial, processing, medicinal and pharmaceutical purposes, according to certificates issued by the Ministry of Health;
4. Weapons, ammunition and explosives, except commercial explosives;
5. Production and services originating from countries or companies subject toembargoes and blockages imposed by national and international bodies and authorities;
6. Production and services threatening the public moral values, public security and defence;
7. Production and services that are not in compliance with the laws in the Republic of Macedonia and the international agreements ratified in the Republic of Macedonia that refer to the protection of intellectual and industrial property, and
8. Production and services arising from the misuse of approvals, decisions, verdicts, permits, licences, rights and concessions issued by а competent body.
IV. INTERNAL ORDER IN THE TECHNOLOGICAL INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ZONE
1. The entry and exit of employees and other persons in the area of the Technological Industrial Development Zone is allowed only with a pass.
2. For the purposes of control of the entry, movement and exit from the area of the Technological Industrial Development Zone, passes are issued for:- the employees,- external associates (contractors of construction and other works for the Founder, or users of the Technological Industrial Development Zone);- business partners or visitors of the Technological Industrial Development Zone;- motor vehicles entering the area of the Technological Industrial Development Zone;
3. All types of passes shall be issued by the Security Service of the Technological Industrial Development Zone, in coordination with the customs authority.
4. The freight vehicles entering or exiting for loading or unloading in the area of the Technological Industrial Development Zone shall use the entry i.e. exit determinedin coordination with the customs authority.
5. For all issues that are not defined in the part for internal order in the Technological Industrial Development Zone of the Rules, the provisions of the Rulebook on thecloser criteria and manner of arranging the technological industrial development zones and the Rulebook on the mandatory data to be put in the entry of the mandatory records and the prescribed form of the entry of the mandatory records in the technological industrial development zone shall apply.
V. PROTECTION OF ENVIRONMENT AND NATURE
1. The procedure for protection from communal and industrial dangerous and harmful substances in the production, use, transport, trade, warehousing, removal, neutralisation and disposal, shall be made in a manner and under conditions so as not to endanger the life and health of the people, the survival of flora and fauna, not to pollute the environment and nature in the process of operation, as well as in the occurrence of defects, in accordance with the measures and conditions prescribed by law and the international conventions and agreements that were ratified or acceded by the Republic of Macedonia.
2. All the issues related to the protection of environment and nature and which are not defined in these Rules, the provisions of the regulations in the area of environmental protection shall apply.
VI. SCHEDULE OF FEES
The users-leaseholders of space in the Zone shall pay a certain fee for the performed services by the Founder in accordance with the Schedule of Fees for Performed Services for the Users adopted by the Founder, annexed as an integral part of these Rules.
VII. ENTRY INTO FORCE>
These Rules on the Terms and Conditions for Use of the Technological Industrial Development Zone SKOPJE 1 – Skopje shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia.
Directorate for Technological Industrial Development Zones